Tuesday, November 20, 2012

A Refashion From My Closet

     I needed a creative fix and a diversion from cleaning and doing report cards.  So, I searched through my closet and to my horror, one of my favorite t-shirts had a hole in the hem!

     NOOOOOO!  I was ready to throw it away when I realized I could just change it into a dress with the bottom of another t-shirt.  I had a brand new black t-shirt that was from my son's baseball team and never worn.  It did the trick nicely.  I just cut off the offending hem from the striped shirt, then added the bottom of the black t-shirt.  I can wear it as a dress with black tights and stack heeled loafers for work, or with black leggings and ballet flats for casual.  I feel women in their 50's can wear leggings providing the top totally covers the "behind."  I wouldn't be caught dead with them otherwise!


After!
Before clipping off the hole and adding the bottom

Simple fix and my favorite "T" has new life!

No comments: