Saturday, May 5, 2012

Thrift Shop Finds/Sew Easy!

Before



Several of my teacher friends are into thrift
shop finds.  I became interested.  With my sewing
and design skills this could be a cheap way to keep fashionable... here was my first "find."  Basically, a too large T that had no wear and tear and appeared to be as yet unworn.  I liked the print, but it was basically an old lady T-shirt as is.


Step 1: cut off the sleeves at the seam
  
Step 2: shape and pin the changes you want to make to fit to your body

Step 3: Shape and baste changes to the armhole
Pinned, basted, and ready for sewing!
l

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice! I'm starting to look at thrift store finds too....happy to read your interesting site....

Unknown said...

Thank You Anonymous!

If you had told me a few years ago that I would be doing this I would have laughed! But I love making something out of something that others have tossed away as unusable! So glad I have provided you with inspiration. That is the purpose of what I am doing!

XXX Mary