Saturday, October 6, 2012

The Great White Shirt Makeover

 Wow! What a month this has been.  Starting the school year with a new grade level and 29 students has really been cutting into my blog time.    Don't worry though,  I have a great makeover for those of you who have been patiently waiting.  My latest "find" was a man's shirt with great potential.  The outcome was very satisfying and right on trend.  Check out the before and after along with my inspiration below.  I have even given the steps I used to get it done.  I can't wait to wear it with my skinny jeans and my boots.  Around the holidays I plan on beading the collar too.
The Inspiration
After  the sewing was done I have a great tunic  shirt. You can see the lace I added to the collar and what I started with "before" below that.  My first step was to cut the long sleeves off.  Then I had to add a gusset to fill in the armhole.





1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Everyone! My blog was not cooperating and I had to publish it without complete instructions on how I did it. I will have to follow up with that!

Enjoy!
Mary