Thursday, October 11, 2012

The Great White Shirt Part 2

Let's try this again!  Hopefully, my blog will cooperate today and I will be able to give you the tutorial for this project.  I wore it for the first time today and I was gratified to see how many people admired it.  Even my students admired the shirt and asked about it.  It turned into a great  economics lesson.  I know I also made many of them feel better about the fact that they too shop in thrift stores.

The "Great White Shirt" with my straight leg "Not Your Daughters Jeans," silver cuff bracelet, antique brooch, and my faux stillettos.



Before        
Cut off the existing sleeves.  Open them and cut out new short sleeve pattern
Add a gusset to the armholes and redraw the armholes
Set and sew the new sleeves and add the lace to the collar


No comments: