Sunday, April 21, 2013

Size 16 to Size 8 Refashioned Blouse

Hi Everyone!

A few months ago, I found this  size 16 beauty at my local "Goodwill" thrift shop.  It was not my size but I could picture a great blouse when I saw it.  I was careful to check it out from top to bottom.  The biggest thing about purchasing white shirts it to make sure there are no yellow underarm stains.  You want gently used or preferably unused.


Size 16 and frumpy, but I see potential.



                                                               

AFTER



       I must tell you that this blouse gave me quite a struggle.  I was going to go with set in sleeves but I kept playing with them and this cap puffed sleeve is what I finally ended with.  At one point I was ready to put this on the blooper pile but I never gave up!

Following is the tutorial:


                                                         Cut off the sleeves

  

                       Pin size changes on the  side seams. Make sure to check the fit.

Cut a short sleeve from the  old sleeve


Gather the cap of the sleeve and reset to the desired length

I struggled with it for a while but then ended up changing it to a capped sleeve.  Resetting any sleeve takes time and patience.

The final product! This one was a hard fought battle to get the sleeves just right.

 

  ATTENTION!  Just letting you know big changes are coming!

Thrifty Chic will be getting a new look and a new address.  I will give you plenty of warning and advance notice so you can follow me and my refashion adventures.  I will keep you posted as the time grows closer.

'Til Next Time...

Happy Refashion adventures to you all!

Mary


No comments: