Sunday, February 24, 2013

Sweater Refashion #2

Hi Everyone,

I had such fun with the last sweater refashion that I had to do another.  The biggest problem with this refashion was that I accidentally trashed my picture of the BEFORE and I was already too far into  the refashion to go back.  Check out the transformation and the final product below.


 At this point you can still see the BEFORE.  It was a never worn, 100% cotton sweater that cost me $4.99 from Goodwill.  It had long sleeves, a button front, and a fold over lapel collar.  Very boring!
I wanted to make it into shaped cardigan  with a scalloped edge and 3/4 sleeves.

So, I purchased some cotton lace in a matching color and applied it to the sweater with a chain stitch.  Once the lace was set, I used the serger  to take off the excess and crocheted down the raw edges from the inside to give it a finished look inside and out.  I also shaped the side seams to fit using the same technique.




Chain stitch application

                                                    Here it is before I cut off the sleeves.
 Here it is finished! I am really happy with the way it turned out and  I am ready for more...
I would love to hear your comments.

Happy Refashioning!

Mary

No comments: