Sunday, March 17, 2013

Thrift Shop Slip Dress to Refashioned Maxi Skirt!

Hi Everyone!

I know it has been a few weeks, but once again it has been report card time!  Finishing report cards is an exhausting, time consuming process.  But...Fear not! Report cards are finished, and I have been squeezing in precious moments to sew and refashion.  I just haven't had a moment to put it all together for you until now.  Take a look at my latest before and after...

                                             BEFORE

A rayon slip dress with a great pattern!  I just zipped off the top and made a foldover 3/4" elastic waist.

 

AFTER

I feel pretty and on trend.  All of this for a $5.99 dress, about $0.50 worth of elastic and about 20 minutes of time!

  One thing about using a slip dress to do this:

  Make sure you are able to take it into the dressing room and check if it is big enough to fit you properly over the hips as a skirt.  If I am going to a thrift shop with no dressing rooms,  I will wear leggings and a tunic so I can slip things on without fear.

 

Well, that is all for right now.  I do have more projects to do and homework to correct.   So see you next time.  I would love to hear your comments.

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY and HAPPY REFASHIONING!

Mary


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fabulous! I'm a thrift store junkie and have been looking for a maxi skirt but your tutorial inspires me to make my own. - Lu

Unknown said...

Thank you for stopping in. Glad you are inspired as that is my purpose with this blog. I would love it if you would sign up for more. I have great projects coming up!

Mary