Thursday, August 2, 2012

Thrifty find+ Not Your Daughter's Jeans!

It is frustrating that my camera doesn't show the nice details on this blouse.  It has beautiful pintucks, and covered buttons and loops.  I just didn't like the long sleeves and an ugly drawstring.  The fabric is a nice quality chiffon.  Let me tell you this picture doesn't do it justice but I had to rescue it from the racks of Goodwill for $3.  I cut off the sleeves and added a loose elastic.  In addition I added some elastic instead of the drawsting.  Ideally I would add the jeans and shoes shown below and I would be good to go!
BEFORE  

                                        AFTER!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice! Would a wide belt look good? (to cinch in the waist).

Unknown said...

Actually, it does have a very nice empire waist. This picture does not do the top justice. It is actually very well made with pintucks, covered buttons, and loops. Gotta figure out the camera tricks!

xxMary