Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Thrift Shopping WIth My Sista'


Last week I had the luxury of spending the day and night at my sister-in-law's place at the beach.  When I go there,  it is like spending the night in a 5 star luxury hotel.  She is such a gracious host, has impeccable taste, and the sheets are even freshly ironed!  She is single and has the luxury of having complete control of the environment in her house and it is beautiful.  It is quite a stark contrast to my world of sweaty socks in every corner and ESPN on every television.  (I am surrounded by men LOL!)   I would love to show pictures but I want to respect her privacy.



Our plan was to go thrift shopping together.  The "Goodwill" in Huntington Beach was huge, very well kept, and clean.  We spent a few hours there prowling for bargains.  My find of the day was from Banana Republic.  It appeared as yet  unworn, and it is beautifully made.  I tried to take a picture of the fabric which is a  brown cotton sateen.  The chevron pattern is created by rows of ribbon that create an hombre pattern.  It is impeccably made and all of the seams match perfectly.  A great find! 
Sorry this is sideways :/  Can someone tell me how to flip?

Little ribbons sewn to create an hombre chevron


We  also had to go downtown to get a surfboard sock for my son which created a perfect set up for us to visit BJ's Brewery for margarita's on the rocks and a little  ahi-poke, my favorite appetizer.  Check out my pictures it will make you want some too!


Happy Shopping!.....Mary








No comments: