Sunday, May 5, 2013

Refashioning Has Other Perks!


HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ME!




   http://www.6pm.com/steve-madden-womens-shoes~3N?s=recentSalesStyle/desc


How are These Shoes a Refashion Perk?  


 Well, when you spend so little on the clothing you can afford an accessory or two to make it all come together.

I had been stalking these adorable oxfords at DSW (Designer Shoe Warehouse) for weeks!  Their suggested retail price was $129.95 and on sale for  $89.95 (still too much).    Then much to my horror they disappeared from the shelves.  NOOOO!

I had a hunch since they weren't selling at DSW that possibly they were farmed out to a discount venue.  I punched 6pm.com  onto my keyboard and there they were for $71.99!  This site is a great place for wonderful styles that are still relevant but maybe a little out of season or slow sellers elsewhere.  I don't care if anyone else in my area liked them.  I DO!  The only trouble is...they were still too expensive even on this great website. :(

I went back to DSW with the hope that maybe, just maybe, one pair had made it to the clearance rack AND... I was rewarded.   There they were, sitting on the bottom of the clearance rack just waiting for me. YES! At 30% off I paid $62 plus tax but hey, it is Mother's Day right? 

The moral of the story is that sometimes you just have to wait out a sale and do a little extra legwork (or keywork) if it was meant to be, it will be worth it.  After all, it is the thrill of the hunt and the victory of the find isn't it?
                                                                        Happy Feet :)             

The shoes are the most expensive thing here.   My jeans were from "Goodwill" on half price tag special.  They cost about $2.50.  All they needed was an alteration of the waist.   Below is a better picture of the shirt I refashioned from a mans dress shirt last year.  I believe I paid about $5.00 for that one.

                                   I would love to hear your comments...

By the way, my new site is coming along and I am estimating its debut in a few weeks.  I can't wait to share my "refashioned" website. 
                                                  'til next time
                              Happy fashion and refashion adventures,

                                                        Mary

No comments: